Great Broughton Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Great Broughton Primitive Methodist chapel

Great Broughton Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1999

Great Broughton Methodist church

High Street, Great Broughton, MIDDLESBROUGH, TS9 7EG

By Christopher Hill

In  Northern Primitive Methodism (1907) WM Patterson comments: "The courage of the Broughton band of two dozen members is remarkable, and ought to bring them great reward. Their old chapel, built in 1859, has been super seded by a good village sanctuary. It will seat 160, and £540 of the cost (£800) was raised when the doors were opened in November, 1907."

The chapel is still open in 2015.


 

Reference 

Patterson WM (1907) Northern Primitive Methodism, E Dalton, London

 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 19/01/2015.
Comments about this page

This held its final service on 4th January 2015

By R Smith
On 04/03/2015

The end of an era!

By Christopher Hill
On 07/03/2015

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.