Wyboston Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Wyboston Primitive Methodist chapel in 1984

Wyboston Primitive Methodist chapel in 1984

Keith Guyler 1984

Photo:Wyboston Primitive Methodist chapel in 1997

Wyboston Primitive Methodist chapel in 1997

Keith Guyler 1997

By Christopher Hill

The Bedfordshire website gives a detailed account of Primitive Methodism in Wyboston, with names of those associated with the Society.

The chapel was opened in 1869.  It held a congregation of 120.

The chapel closed in 1991 and at the time of the second photograph in 1997 it was derelict.  It was demolished in 2006 to make room for new private housing. It stood just south of 55 High Street.


Reference

The Bedfordshire website accessed February 8th 2015

 

 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 08/02/2015.
Comments about this page

Registration for Worship was made on 6 October 1870 by Oliver Jackson of Eynesbury (Hunts) Primitive Methodist Minister. (source Bedfordshire Chapels and Meeting Houses: Official Registration 1672-1901 Volume 75 Bedfordshire Historical Record Society – Edited by Edwin Welch)

By Tim Banks
On 01/03/2015

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.