Pickering Carr Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Pickering Carr Primitive Methodist chapel

Pickering Carr Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1992

location of former Pickering Carr Primitive Methodist chapel

Malton Road Pickering, North Yorkshire YO18 8EA

By Christopher Hill

Pickering Carr Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1859 and extended in 1911.  It was small, accommodating 45 people.  It closed in 2011 - although the article published in the local paper at the time refers to the Methodist New Connexion.

The building of the chapel and its furnishings cost just £70 in 1859 and the bricks were made by Thomas Lumley, a brickmaker, at the nearby Black Bull.  In 1949 a Sunday School extension costing just over £1,000 was added.

It was for sale in 2013 and application has been made for conversion into a dwelling.

Location: SE8029481416


Reference

 "Carr Methodist Chapel to close after 152 years of service" Gazette and Herald article accessed April 19th 2015

 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 19/04/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.