Rosedale Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Rosedale Ebenezer Methodist Church

Rosedale Ebenezer Methodist Church

Keith Guyler 1992

approximate location of Rosedale Ebenezer Primitive Methodist chapel

Rosedale Pickering, North Yorkshire YO18 8SA

By Christopher Hill

Rosedale Primitive Methodist Chapel of 1872 was built for the rapidly expanding industrial population.  It was located near the Rosedale East mine. Despite the decline of mining in the area, after union in 1932 it remained in use as Ebenezer Methodist Church.  North Yorkshire Council holds records from 1891 until 1986. However, the chapel is still active on the Ryedale Circuit website in April 2015.

Keith Guyler noted that the schoolroom had been converted for adventure use.  A photograph of October 2012 on the Geograph site notes that it is at that time the Dales Centre, with accommodation for groups.

It is a remote location, far from Google Street View. The chapel in Rosedale Abbey itself was sold after the Second World War and used for accommodation.

Location: SE 7079 9764 


Reference

Geograph website accessed April 2015

 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 22/04/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.