Baybridge Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Baybridge Primitive Methodist chapel

Baybridge Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1988

former Baybridge Primitive Methodist chapel

Baybridge Owslebury WINCHESTER SO21 1JN

By Christopher Hill

The plaque on the building in Keith Guyler's photograph reads "Primitive Methodist Chapel 1861".  It is located on Baybridge Lane.

The hamlet of Baybridge lies about a mile, as the cow flies, south-east of Owslebury village in Hampshire.  At the start of the 20th century it consisted of a small group of cottages, a Primitive Methodist chapel, and the farm-houses and out-buildings of Baybridge and Lower Whiteflood Farms.

The chapel closed in 1962.  At the time of the photograph in 1988 Mr Guyler's notes say it was in use as a private garage. On Google Street View in July 2011 it looks much more like a house.

Location: SU 5271 2330

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 23/07/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.