Bishop's Caundle Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Bishop's Caundle Primitive Methodist chapel

Bishop's Caundle Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1989

Bishops Caundle Primitive Methodist chapel

Brown Street Bishops Caundle SHERBORNE DT9 5NE

By Christopher Hill

Bishop’s Caundle is south east of of Sherborne. Bishop’s Caundle Primitive Methodist chapel is at the junction of Brown Street and the A3030.  It carries the date 1908.

Keith Guyler's photograph from 1988 shows it in use as a house - The Old chapel.  The Primitive Methodist Museum picture and postcard collection has an earlier picture taken when it was still a chapel.  There have been a number of changes in the conversion, but key things stay the same -the size and overall shape; the stepped top of the apex wall; the date 1908 transferred to the apex of the porch.  

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 09/08/2015.
Comments about this page

This chapel closed during 1983, the previous building for worship is directly opposite.

By Adam Miller
On 24/08/2015

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.