Brindley Ford, PM Chapel

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Brindley Ford, PM Chapel' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Brindley Ford, PM Chapel' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Brindley Ford, PM Chapel' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Brindley Ford, PM Chapel' page

First chapel built c1862

By Jill Barber

Enquiries made in 1907 failed to ascertain the exact date the chapel was built, and 'the date stone had been chiselled and cut till no one could read it'.

The building was later used as a 'public resort' and it was thought that the 'promoters of that enterprise objected to the premises being labelled'.

In 1898 a new chapel was built, described as 'handsome new premises in the centre of the village, and with every modern convenience'.

Source

W J Harper, Mow Cop and its Slopes, Tunstall (1907), p58.

This page was added by Jill Barber on 03/08/2012.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.