Wood Dalling Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Wood Dalling Primitive Methodist chapel

Wood Dalling Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1987

Wood Dalling Primitive Methodist chapel

Heydon Road, Wood Dalling, NR11

By Christopher Hill

Wood Dalling Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on Sunday 8th August 1830 by  R Key and G Tetley  who described it in the 1831 Primitive Methodist magazine (page 104).

The land was given by Mr Jos. Reynolds and the new chapel measured 18'(w) x 25'(l)

In the notes which accompany Keith Guyler's photograph, the origins of Wood Dalling Primitive Methodist chapel are linked to 1836 and 1860 (with a question mark) as well as 1830.

At the time of Keith Guyler's photograph it appears to be in use.  However, Norfolk Heritage Explorer reports a 2009 planning application to turn the former Methodist chapel in Heywood Road, Wood Dalling into a holiday let.  It is described as "a small wayside building of rendered brickwork."

location: TG 101275


Reference

Primitive Methodist magazine 1831 page 104

 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 23/08/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.