Sparty Lea Primitive Methodist Chapel Allendale Northumberland

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Sparty Lea Primitive Methodist Chapel Allendale Northumberland' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Sparty Lea Primitive Methodist Chapel Allendale Northumberland' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Sparty Lea Primitive Methodist Chapel Allendale Northumberland' page
Photo:Postcard c1914

Postcard c1914

Steven Wild

The first chapel here was built in 1859

Sparty Lea Chapel sits above the road and the entrance is at the rear. (see photo 3) The plaque is on the side of the building the left side having worn away. What did it say? We do know that the present building was rebuilt from the first one in 1914.

In August 2015 it is still open for worship

Photos taken August 2015

OS Map Ref:87:NY851490

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 25/08/2015.
Comments about this page

An old postcard has been added to this page, which shows the chapel soon after it was built.

By Jill Barber
On 02/01/2016

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.