Billingford Primitive Methodist chapels

Photo:Billingford Primitive Methodist chapels

Billingford Primitive Methodist chapels

Keith Guyler 1998

location of Billingford Primitive Methodist chapel

The Street, Billingford NR20 4RA

By Christopher Hill

There were several Primitive Methodist chapels in Billingford.

The first dates from 1841.

Its successor dates from 1864.

The third one was opened in 1908 and served until around 1970.  By the time of Keith Guyler's photograph in 1998 it had been converted into a house. It sold for £70,000 on January 03, 1997

location: 016203 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 27/08/2015.
Comments about this page

The chapel built in 1841 cost £75, and could seat 64 people. Attendance on a Sunday in 1859 was 50 to 60, and on a weeknight 30 to 40. It was rebuilt in 1864 at a cost of £114 1s 7d, to seat 120 people. (Cyril Jolly, History of the East Dereham Methodist Circuit, 1955, p61.)

By Jill Barber
On 01/02/2016

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.