Northwold Primitive Methodist chapel, King's Lynn

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Northwold Primitive Methodist chapel, King's Lynn' page

Richard Jennings

Photo:Northwold Primitive Methodist chapel

Northwold Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1988

Northwold Primitive Methodist chapel

High St, Northwold IP26 5NF

By Christopher Hill

Northwold Primitive Methodist chapel opened in 1871 and a Sunday school was added in 1906. It served until the 1970s.

At the time of Keith Guyler's photograph in 1988 it was an unused store. Google Street View in 2009 shows it as Northwold Tile Centre.

Just to complicate matters, on the geograph website there is a chapel labelled "Primitive Methodist Chapel, Northwold" which is an unused store. The grid reference it cites is labelled on the 1884 1:2,500 Ordnance Survey map as that of the Wesleyan chapel. It also looks very different to the chapel in Keith Guyler's photograph.

location: TF 752973 


Reference

geograph website accessed 12th September 2015

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 12/09/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.