Sturton by Stow Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:first Sturton by Stow Primitive Methodist chapel

first Sturton by Stow Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler

Photo:Date plaque

Date plaque

Jane Richardson

location of Sturton by Stow Primitive Methodist chapel

Fleets Road Sturton by Stow LN1 2BU

By Christopher Hill

Sturton by Stow Primitive Methodist chapel was built on Fleets Lane in 1854. It closed in 1940 when the Society moved to the former 1861 Friends' Meeting House on the High Street which was re-named 'Bourne Chapel'. This chapel closed in 1956 when the Society united with that at Tillbridge Lane. After closure it became a house.

By the time of Keith Guyler's photograph the first chapel was in use as a private garage. On Google Street View in 2011 it retains its stone tablet, albeit well weathered.

location: 891803 (first chapel)

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 15/09/2015.
Comments about this page

This page was modified on 16 February 2016 to include a picture of the date plaque.

By Geoff Dickinson
On 16/02/2016

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.