Tetney Lock Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Tetney Lock Primitive Methodist chapel

Tetney Lock Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1995

Newton Marsh Lane Tetney DN36 5UW

By Christopher Hill

Tetney Lock Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1864. It served until the 1950s and by the time of Keith Guler's photograph it had become a house - Chapel House.

location: TA 342 023

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 17/09/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln holds the following records.

Ref. Meth/C/Tetney Lock/C: Trust & Committees.

Ref. Meth/C/Tetney Lock/D: Trustees, Chapel Registration & Deeds.

Meth/C/Tetney Lock/D/4: Registration of Place of Worship.

The Lincs to the Past website identifies that 

The chapel was built in 1865 and closed in 1954.  

The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:

  • Grimsby Primitive Methodist Circuit 1864-1868
  • Tetney Primitive Methodist Circuit 1868-1933
  • Grimsby Central and Cleethorpes Methodist Circuit 1933-1937
  • Cleethorpes Mill Road Methodist Circuit 1937-1954

Ray & Marie (Mr. & Mrs. Ella).

 

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 28/11/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.