Burringham Bourne Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Burringham Bourne Primitive Methodist Sunday school (on the right)

Burringham Bourne Primitive Methodist Sunday school (on the right)

Keith Guyler

location of 1836 Burringham Bourne Primitive Methodist chapel

High Street Burringham DN17 3LY

By Christopher Hill

Burringham Bourne Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1836. A Sunday school was added in 1865.

It served until 1948 although the last service was held in 1942.

location: 835093

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 22/09/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/C/ Burringham, Bourne Chapel, Primitive Methodist, built 1836, closed 1942.

  • Scotter PM Circuit 1836-1932.
  • Scotter Methodist Circuit 1932/3-1937.
  • Epworth Wesley M. Circuit 1937-1942.

Ref. Meth/B/Scooter P/H/1/2: Scotter PM Circuit Preaching Plan 1821, later pasted back to back on a Gainsborough Wesleyan/Methodist Preaching Plan.

Ref. Meth/B/Scotter P/H1/3: Scotter PM Circuit Preaching Plans, 1833, 1834, 1836, 1838.

Ref. Meth/B/Scotter P/H/1/7: Scotter PM Circuit Preaching Plan, Oct 1876 to Jan 1877.

Ref. Meth/B/Scotter P/H/1/11: Scotter PM Circuit Preaching Plan, 1913.

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 18/03/2018