Barton on Humber Queen Street Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1861/8 Barton on Humber Queen Street Primitive Methodist chapel

1861/8 Barton on Humber Queen Street Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1996

Photo:date tablet from the first Barton on Humber Primitive Methodist chapel

date tablet from the first Barton on Humber Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1996

location of Barton on Humber Queen Street Primitive Methodist chapel

Queen Street Barton on Humber DN18 5QP

By Christopher Hill

Barton on Humber Queen Street Primitive Methodist chapel had a number of buildings.

The first chapel dates from 1820 and was at the junction of Burgate and King Street. Since closure it has been demolished. The local museum holds a tablet from the chapel, shown in the picture.

The second chapel dates from 1838 was in Newport.

The third chapel in Keith Guyler's photograph dates from 1861 or 1868 and seated 600.  The final service was held on 26th March 1961.  At the time of the photograph it was used as the Salvation Army Citadel.

 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 23/09/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.