Linwood Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1921 Linwood Primitive Methodist chapel

1921 Linwood Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1995

location of Linwood Primitive Methodist chapel

By Christopher Hill

Linwood Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1921 and served until 1959. The former Primitive Methodist tin chapel at Holton Beckering was dismantled and reconstructed at Linwood in 1920.

It was sold in 1965 and afterwards was used as a store. On Google Street View in 2011 it is derelict and looks as if no-one has been in for a very long time.

location: 110865

There is a good picture of it here.

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 25/09/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/C/Linwood, Primitive/C/1.1: Trust Minutes Book, 1929-1932, etc., to include copy Trust Account for 1923.

Ref. Meth/C/Linwood, Primitive/C/2/1: Trust Account Book, 1922-1932, etc. 

Ref. Meth/C/Linwood, Primitive/D/1/1: List of Linwood Trust (PM) Documents, Deeds, etc, mid-20th century.

...............

Ref. MLI8710: Former Primitive Methodist Chapel, Holton cum Beckering: Short history, cited on O.S. Map 25" scale 1906 (54/13). Built during the second half of the 19th century, served to 1950s, gone by 1970s.

Market Rasen PM Circuit 1920-1932/3.

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 24/01/2018