Sutton on Sea Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1876 Sutton on Sea Primitive Methodist chapel

1876 Sutton on Sea Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1995

Photo:1876 Sutton on Sea Primitive Methodist chapel

1876 Sutton on Sea Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1997

location of the 1876 Sutton on Sea Primitive Methodist chapel

Station Road Sutton on Sea LN12 2HR

By Christopher Hill

Sutton on Sea, Station Rd 1 ? 524805 now cottage
Sutton on Sea, Station Rd 218761942NE of Alford  522817 SS  1890, flats or demolished

Sutton on Sea is north east of Alford.

The first Sutton on Sea Primitive Methodist chapel is now a cottage.

The replacement chapel dates from 1876 and served until 1942. A Sunday school was added in 1890. After closure it was converted into flats - Chatsworth Court.

location of the first chapel: 524805

location of the 1876 chapel: 522817

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 04/10/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/C/Sutton on Sea, Station Road/C/1/1: Trust Minute Book, 1908-1916 & Trust Accounts, 1908-1932, etc.

Ref. Meth/C/Sutton on Sea, Station Road/D/4/2: List of Deceased Trustees up to c.1932, then 1933/4-1945.

Ref. Meth/C/Sutton on Sea, Station Road/E/7/1: Sale, documents from 1943 to 1947.

Ref. Meth/C/Sutton on Sea, Station Road/A/1/1: Register of Marriage, 1928-1932, 1933/4-1940 (CLOSED UNTIL year 2025).

Ref. MLI99019: Sutton on Sea Primitive Methodist Chapel on Sea Lane, built c.1825?, closed 1876?. Larger Chapel built n Station Road.

Ref. MLI99016: Sutton on Sea Primitive Methodist Chapel, Station Road, to seat 250, closed 1942.

Alford PM Circuit to 1932/3.

 

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 15/01/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.