Tonyrefail, St George's Primitive Methodist Church, South Glamorgan

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Tonyrefail, St George's Primitive Methodist Church, South Glamorgan' page

Tim Kendall

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Tonyrefail, St George's Primitive Methodist Church, South Glamorgan' page

Tim Kendall

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Tonyrefail, St George's Primitive Methodist Church, South Glamorgan' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Tonyrefail, St George's Primitive Methodist Church, South Glamorgan' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Tonyrefail, St George's Primitive Methodist Church, South Glamorgan' page
Photo:Tim Kedall spealing at the unveiling ceremony

Tim Kedall spealing at the unveiling ceremony

Built as a War Memorial, 1925

By Jill Barber

This church was built in 1925 by Primitive Methodist Minister, and Senior Military Chaplain, Rev George Kendall as a personal memorial to all the soldiers and officers who died in the First World War. As a chaplain serving in France, he had buried many of them.

St George's church closed in 1970, and on Armed Forces Day, 20 June 2015, a plaque outside the chapel, was unveiled by Rev Kendall's son David and grandson Tim. The building is now registered as a War Memorial.

 

 

 

 

This page was added by Jill Barber on 08/10/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.