Kingsley Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Kingsley Primitive Methodist chapel

Kingsley Primitive Methodist chapel

Englesea Brook Museum picture and postcard collection

Photo:Kingsley Primitive Methodist chapel

Kingsley Primitive Methodist chapel

Englesea Brook Museum picture and postcard collection

Photo:interior of Kingsley Primitive Methodist chapel

interior of Kingsley Primitive Methodist chapel

Englesea Brook Museum picture and postcard collection

Hazlescross Rd, Kingsley ST10 2AX

By Christopher Hill

The former Kingsley Primitive Methodist chapel in Staffordshire is shown on Google Street View in June 2011 as Hope Chapel and in residential use.  Although it has been substantially altered, chapel features are still present, including the three vertical windows at the front and the stepped edge to the top of the apex.

It was sold for £90,000 in 1999.

R Jukes in the 1835 Primitive Methodist magazine gives an account of the opening of a previous Kingsley Primitive Methodist chapel. Opening services were held on 28th and 29th December 1834 and the preachers were James Bourne   and R Jukes.


Reference

Primitive Methodist chapel 1835 p.429

 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 18/01/2016.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.