Bradford Horton Bank Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Horton Bank Primitive Methodist chapel Bradford

Horton Bank Primitive Methodist chapel Bradford

Primitive Methodist Conference Handbook 1911

Photo:Bradford Horton Bank Primitive Methodist chapel

Bradford Horton Bank Primitive Methodist chapel

Handbook of the Primitive Methodist Conference 1930; Englesea Brook Museum

location of Horton Bank Primitive Methodist chapel

891 Great Horton Road Bradford BD7 4AQ

By Christopher Hill

Horton Bank is situated on the A647 from Bradford to Halifax, the only community facility serving this multi-cultural residential area.

The 2016 Horton Bank Methodist Church began on its present site in 1871 in a small wooden Primitive Methodist chapel.  It was replaced by the present (2016) church in 1926 and the community building from 1961.

West Yorkshire Archive Service, based in Bradford, has records for Hopton Bank Primitive Methodist chapel for the period 1871-1994.


Reference

1999 Terry J G The Causes and effects of the divisions within Methodism 1796 - 1853 PhD thesis, University of Huddersfield accessed online January 27th 2016 at http://eprints.hud.ac.uk/4607/1/300547.pdf: sets out the story of the development of Primitive Methodism in Bradford and District

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 02/02/2016.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.