Bradford Rehoboth Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Rehoboth Bowling Old Lane Primitive Methodist chapel

Rehoboth Bowling Old Lane Primitive Methodist chapel

Primitive Methodist Conference Handbook 1911

Photo:Bradford Rehoboth Primitive Methodist chapel

Bradford Rehoboth Primitive Methodist chapel

Handbook of the Primitive Methodist Conference 1930; Englesea Brook Museum

Bowling Old Lane

By Christopher Hill

Bradford Rehoboth Primitive Methodist chapel in Bowling Old Lane was opened in 1878 and served until 1963.  It was one of the chapels used during the Primitive Methodist Conference held in Bradford in 1911.

Where exactly was it located?


Reference

1999 Terry J G The Causes and effects of the divisions within Methodism 1796 - 1853 PhD thesis, University of Huddersfield accessed online January 27th 2016 at http://eprints.hud.ac.uk/4607/1/300547.pdf: sets out the story of the development of Primitive Methodism in Bradford and District

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 02/02/2016.
Comments about this page

There seems to be some confusion here with Bowling Back Lane and New Hey Road, with Rehoboth.

That illustrated is Rehoboth, opened in 1878, architect Thomas Howdill. The society began in a house in 1860 and began renting a room for worship in Gate Street in 1867.  This led to the building of Rehoboth, demolished in the spring of 1963.

By Colin Dews
On 28/02/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.