Leeds Rehoboth Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Rehoboth Primitive Methodist chapel Leeds

Rehoboth Primitive Methodist chapel Leeds

Handbook of the Primitive Methodist Conference 1898; Englesea Brook Museum

Park Lane Burley Leeds

By Christopher Hill

Rehoboth Primitive Methodist chapel in Leeds dates from 1838-9.  A school was added in 1853 and enlarged in 1865.

In 1878 the facade was altered to a design of Joseph Wright. The West Yorkshire Archive Service has records from the chapel which run until 1935 so the chapel served at least until Methodist Union.  It has since been demolished.

Colin Dews adds:

The chapel was opened in 1839 with school premised added to the rear in 1853, extended June 1865.  In 1874 a new façade was added, as illustrated, and the interior remodelled, the architect being Joseph Wright. It subsequently became a central mission; closure took place c1938.

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 11/02/2016.
Comments about this page

This page was modified on 3 October 2016 to add an article about this chapel published in the Christian Messenger 1901.

By Geoff Dickinson
On 03/10/2016

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.