Leeds Southfield Primitive Methodist Chapel

Photo:Southfield Primitive Methodist chapel

Southfield Primitive Methodist chapel

Handbook of the Primitive Methodist Conference 1898; Englesea Brook Museum

Photo:Photo taken December 2016

Photo taken December 2016

E & R Pearce

Photo:Photo taken December 2016

Photo taken December 2016

E & R Pearce

Photo:Photo taken 2016

Photo taken 2016

E & R Pearce

location of the former Southfields Primitive Methodist chapel, Leeds

Wesley Road Armley Leeds LS12 1UL

By Christopher Hill

Southfield Primitive Methodist chapel in Armley was opened in 1875.  It was one of the Primitive Methodist chapels used when the Primitive Methodist Conference came to Leeds in 1898.  

On Google Street View in 2008 it is surrounded by barbed wire and carries a poster declaring that it had been acquired for residential development.  By August 2015 it is in commercial use by Blue Rinse. It appears substantially unchanged.

In 2016 the barbed wire has been removed and replaced by boarding. Part of it is still being used by Blue Rinse Vintage Clothing and it would appear that another part may also be in use.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In 2016 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 11/02/2016.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.