Sheffield Abbeydale Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Abbeydale Primitive Methodist chapel, Sheffield

Abbeydale Primitive Methodist chapel, Sheffield

Handbook of the Primitive Methodist Conference 1901; Englesea Brook Museum

location of former Abbeydale Primitive Methodist chapel

South View Road Abbeydale S7 1DF

By Christopher Hill

Abbeydale Primitive Methodist chapel in South View Road Sheffield is shown on Google Street View in 2012 as in the process of demolition.  By October 2014 the site has been cleared but not put to alternative use. 

Sheffield Archives hold marriage records for the chapel starting from 1900. The last entry in the marriage register is 1949. This indicates the date the chapel hosted an active society.

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 11/02/2016.
Comments about this page

This page was modified on 19 October 2016 to add a transcription of an article in the 1900 Christian Messenger about the Church and its associated Circuit, Sheffield IX, which was formed from Sheffield V.

The article includes several photographs of church and circuit officials.

By Geoff Dickinson
On 19/10/2016

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.