Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel

Marlborough Square Coalville LE67 3WD

By Christopher Hill

Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel and schoolrooms faced on to Marlborough Square at the junction with Jackson Street.

After Union in 1932 it served as Coalville Methodist church. The chapel building is substantially unchanged externally between 1927 and 2018 although the school building has lost its chimneys.

The Primitive Methodists previously had a chapel at Coalville on Belvoir Road, north of the level crossing for the Snibston Colliery Railway. 

 

Photo:Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel

Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel

Handbook of the Primitive Methodist Conference 1927; Englesea Brook Museum

Photo:Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel and schools

Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel and schools

Christopher Hill January 2018

Photo:Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel from the front

Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel from the front

Christopher Hill January 2018

Photo:Coalville Primitive Methodist schools from Owen Street

Coalville Primitive Methodist schools from Owen Street

Christopher Hill January 2018

Photo:Rear of Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel and schools

Rear of Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel and schools

Christopher Hill January 2018

Photo:Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel

Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel

Christopher Hill January 2018

Photo:Coalville Primitive Methodist schools tablet

Coalville Primitive Methodist schools tablet

Christopher Hill January 2018

Photo:Coalville Primitive Methodist schools datestone

Coalville Primitive Methodist schools datestone

Christopher Hill December 2017

location of former Coalville Primitive Methodist chapel

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 13/03/2016.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.