Enderby Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:Datestone from Providence chapel, Enderby

Datestone from Providence chapel, Enderby

Christopher Hill 2016

Photo:original Providence Primitive Methodist chapel, Enderby

original Providence Primitive Methodist chapel, Enderby

Christopher Hill 2016

Photo:Extended Enderby Primitive Methodist chapel

Extended Enderby Primitive Methodist chapel

Christopher Hill 2016

Photo:Rear of Enderby Primitive Methodist chapel

Rear of Enderby Primitive Methodist chapel

Christopher Hill 2016

location of Enderby Primitive Methodist chapel

Cross Street, Enderby LE19 4NJ

By Christopher Hill

Providence Primitive Methodist chapel in Cross Street, Enderby, opened in 1849.  It could seat 100 people, with a further 40 standing spaces and cost £150..  60 of the seats were free. On census Sunday in 1851 attendances of 82 in the afternoon and 126 in the evening were recorded.

The original chapel has been extended to the north.  It is still active as Enderby Methodist church

 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 26/07/2016.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.