Gun Village Primitive Methodist chapel

West Bromwich circuit

By Christopher Hill

Gun(s) Village Primitive Methodist chapel opened in 1851.  On October 16th 1853 it celebrated its re-opening after the installation of gas. Sermons were preached by Rev John Bickerdyke of Newcastle and Samuel Saddler (Wesleyan). The following day a tea meeting was held for 160 people, followed by a public meeting addressed by J Grieves, W Bickerdyke, T Hughes and T Brownswood. 

The chapel closed by 1969


Account by Richard Price Primitive MEthodist magazine 1853 December p.752


This page was added by Christopher Hill on 01/03/2017.