Bilston Shropshire Row Primitive Methodist chapel

Darlaston Circuit

By Christopher Hill

Shropshire Row, was a small hamlet of folk who had moved to Bilston from East Shropshire. It later became known as Salop Street.

Shropshire Row Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in August 1839 when the preachers and others named were T. Batty; Mrs. Grice; R. Jukes and A. Thomas.  

R Jukes wrote about the occasion in the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1842, transcribed in the attached document.


Primitive Methodist magazine of 1842 page 20



Opening of Shropshire Row chapel (11k)
Primitive Methodist magazine 1842 p 20 transcribed by David Tonks

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 18/09/2017.