Princes End Primitive Methodist chapel

Darlaston Circuit

By Christopher Hill

Princes End is an area of Tipton, West Midlands, England, near the border with Coseley, which was heavily developed during the 19th century with the construction of factories.

Princes End Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1841.  R Jukes describes the occasion in the Primitive Methodist magazine

"Princes End.—This chapel is ten yards by nine, built high enough for a gallery.  It has a boarded floor, and pews up the middle, and a large one on each side the pulpit.

The opening sermons were preached on Sundays June 20 and 27, 1841, by R. Jukes, E. Grice, E. Thomas, our circuit steward, and Mr. P. Turner, Wesleyan local preacher.  The collections were liberal. The debt remaining on the chapel is two hundred pounds."


 

Reference

Primitive Methodist magazine January 1842 page 20

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 18/09/2017.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.