Linslade Primitive Methodist chapel

Old Road, Linslade LU7 2RE

Leighton Buzzard Sacred Harmonic Society sang as part of the celebrations for the opening of the Primitive Methodist chapel at Linslade.

The new chapel which measured 45′ x 36′ and had a schoolroom underneath which held 300 children. The chapel cost £700 and the land, which was presented by J Palmer, an additional  £170. Opening speakers included  Rev. E. Bishop, of Bedford,  Mr. S. Turner, E. Alford, J.Fuller, E. Bishop, J. Danks,(Wesleyan) and J. Wilson.

On Ordnance Survey maps from 1880, Jubilee chapel is shown on the north side of Old Road, just east of its junction with Station Road. By 1869 a building with the same footprint was there, but not labelled. On StreetView in 2009 it has been replaced by new residential buildings.


Reference

Primitive Methodist magazine November 1861 pages 682-683

 

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *