Hungerford Primitive Methodist Church, Berkshire
Thomas Russell and John Ride led a mission, from the Shefford Circuit, to Hungerford in 1833.
The first society met in a house in Moon Lane. It is thought that this was the house later renamed 2, Salisbury Road, which was demolished in the 1990s.
By the 1860s the house was too small, so plans were made to build a chapel. On 16 April 1866, George Thomas Phelps, a baker and grocer, bought a site at 10 Bridge Street from Mr T C Atherton, for £548 14s. 0d on behalf of the Trustees. The property next to the church, at 9 Bridge Street, became the manse until it was sold in 1992.
A School Room was built at the back of the church in Bridge Street in 1907, and alterations made to the front of the church.