Maidenhead, Queen Street Primitive Methodist Chapel, Berkshire

Queen Street Primitive Methodist Chapel opened in 1882. It cost £1511 and seated 230. In 1940 it seated 190 in pews and had one school hall and two other rooms.
Sources
Walker, J. Wesley, A History of Maidenhead. p138
Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940, No 110

Comments about this page

  • The 1882 Primitive Methodist magazine (page 761) contains an account of the opening of a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Maidenhead to replace the previous one which was “in a back out-of-the -way court”.
    The new building was an “elegant structure in a central and prominent situation.” It cost £1,550 of which half had been raised.

    By Christopher Hill (13/04/2020)
  • There’s information about the preceding chapel in Bridge Street here.
    The Queen Street chapel was located on the east side, just north of the junction with Broadway.

    By Christopher Hill (17/01/2020)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *