Chalfont St Giles Primitive Methodist chapel
Deanway, Chalfont St. Giles Buckinghamshire HP8 4JH
Deanway United Church in Chalfont St Giles meets in the former Milton Primitive Methodist chapel. It is a joint Methodist and United Reformed society, united in September 1977.
Two missionaries from High Wycombe introduced Methodism to Chalfont St.Giles in 1835. The first building dates from 1847 and was replaced by the present Deanway building in 1866. This in turn was renovated or rebuilt in 1906.
There is an account in the Primitive Methodist magazine by T Williams of the opening in October 17th 1847 of what it calls Chalfont St Giles and Three Households chapel.
Primitive Methodist magazine December 1847 page 746