Great Missenden Primitive Methodist chapel
Church Street, Great Missenden
It had taken them over 20 years to build the first Great Missenden Primitive Methodist chapel when it opened on November 4th 1866. Preachers at the opening inculded Revs JB Marriott (Baptist), J fuller (Maidenhead), JT Kearns, W Birks and E Masterman, and Joseph Hunt (High Wycombe), D Clarke, J Smith, EJ Darke, J Rutty and John Nash.
The new chapel measured 20′ x 30′ and cost around £200 including the cost of the land, of which they had raised one third. The plans were drawn up by D Clarke for free, E Pierce was the builder and T Pierce, the circuit steward, presented the platform.
A Primitive Methodist chapel is shown on the 1877 Ordnance Survey maps in an alley to the north of Church Street. There is a building still on the site. Is it the same one?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1867 page 39-40