The 1912 Christian Messenger tells us that at that time there were three active Primitive Methodist chapels in Cambridge, Panton Street having recently closed. Sturton Street was the smallest.
“Of existing places, the least in point of size is that in Sturton Street, a populous street in a working class locality. Accommodating only one hundred and fifty hearers, it has nearly fifty members, a flourishing Sunday school and other prosperous institutions, and enjoys a degree of success out of proportion to its bulk. In general enthusiasm and evangelistic zeal this church is like a bit of northern Methodism. From time to time conversions take place, and even college professors from more formal gatherings have appreciated leading its worship. Started in 1875, it meets a felt need in the neighbourhood. It is to be hoped that before long convenient premises will be erected that it may properly, garner where it has gleaned.”
StreetView shows the chapel still standing as the Islamic College in 2018
Christian Messenger 1912/36