“In the spring of 1845 preaching was introduced to the village of Weston Colville in Cambridgeshire. Mr Ford, a member of the Independents at a neighbouring place, allowed the services to be conducted in his house. A dwelling was then rented for the use of the congregation and the newly formed society, and many sinners were converted to the Lord. This however, becoming too small for the increasing congregation, a commodious Chapel was soon afterwards erected, and opened for divine worship in 1847.” W Maylard tells us about it in the Primitive Methodist magazine
The new chapel was 34′ x 26′ and accommodated 220.. Opening speakers included Revs J Davis (Linton), M Slater (Fordham) J Johnstone (Haverhill) N Haycroft MA (Walden and R Tabbs. Generous donors included Miss Unwin, Mr & Mrs Slater, Messrs Nice Revel and Chapment who carted bricks, Mr Ford, John Plumb and Sampson Woodland.
Where was the chapel?
Saffron Walden mission page, this site
Primitive Methodist magazine 1847 page 746