Birkenhead; Grange Road Primitive Methodist Chapel
Cheshire Archives & Local Studies holds the following information about this chapel..
- Ref. EMS 119/10/3-5: Birkenhead, Grange (Granger?) Road Primitive Methodist Chapel. Documents that were found under the foundation stone, to include a Preacher’s Plan, July-Oct., 1869. The Primitive Methodist Almanac, 1869, etc.
- Ref. EMS 119: Registersof christenings and marriages, minutes, accounts, collection journal and other records, 1886-1959
- Also Sunday School Minute Book 1884-1900
Wirral Archives holds various papers and correspondence covering the period 1938-1959. (Ref Acc 1952)
Genuki states that the chapel was founded in 1855 and closed in 1958. It is described as Grange Road/Horatio Street PM Church. The site is not far way from the current Pyramids Shopping Centre.