The Return from the Clotton Hoofield Primitive Methodist society to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship records that the society met in a chapel buit in 1833. It accommodated over 100 people. The return is signed with the mark of Robert Young, the steward.
The Primitive Methodist magazine of 1886 records the laying of memorial stones for Clotton Primitive Methodist chapel in the Chester Second circuit
The land was provided by The Earl of Haddington. The new chapel was expected to seat 300 and a schoolroom was to be erected at the rear of the chapel. The May 1887 magazine tells us it has been opened
On Street View in 2016 the chapel building still exists, converted to residential use.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1886 page 636
Primitive Methodist magazine May 1887 page 316