Crewe Herbert Street Sydney Primitive Methodist Chapel
This chapel was opened in 1896
The first chapel in Herbert Street was built in 1864. It was rebuilt in 1896 and closed for worship in the early 1970’s. The chapel has been tastefully converted into living accommodation. There are now four ‘foundation’ stones which read Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer. Was the three storey house attached to the chapel once the ‘chapel keepers’ living quarters?
Photos taken May 2016
OS Map Ref:118:SJ720564