Haslington Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cheshire
The first chapel was built in 1860 and in 1890 it was enlarged as a school after a new chapel had been built in 1868
This chapel in Bradley Road is still open for worship in 2013. It is part of the Cheshire South Circuit.
Photos taken in June 2012
OS Map ref:118:SJ736560
note added Feb 2018 by CH
In the Primitive Methodist magazine of November 1860 John Webster tells us about the opening of Haslington Primitive Methodist chapel.
“Haslington. — Our people have long laboured in this village, but our progress has been retarded for want of a better place in which to conduct, our services. For many years a suitable plot of land could not be obtained ; but God has opened our way, through the kindness of Mr. Hewitt, a Baptist
friend, who sold us one of the most eligible sites in the neighbourhood.
The foundation stone was laid by Mr. Pedley, of Hall-o’-th’-Heath, and a tea-meeting was held, when upwards of £11 were realized. The chapel, which is 29 feet by 24 feet, was opened on Sunday, July 29th, 1860, by Mr. T. Bateman ; and on August 12th, Messrs. J. Webster and R. Pedley preached, when the sum of £17 17s. 4|d. was collected. More than one-third of the cost will be obtained. We have now a chapel at every place on the plan, except one. Thanks to our God“
Primitive Methodist magazine November 1860 p.689