Hatherton PM Chapel, Cheshire

Hatherton Chapel - January 2014 | Geoff Dickinson
Hatherton Chapel - January 2014
Geoff Dickinson
External Plaque | Geoff Dickinson
External Plaque
Geoff Dickinson
Pulpit - Austin memorial on the right | Geoff Dickinson
Pulpit - Austin memorial on the right
Geoff Dickinson
Wood burning stove | Geoff Dickinson
Wood burning stove
Geoff Dickinson

The chapel was built in 1850 and enlarged in 1898. It was built at the end of a terrace of houses within a rural community between Nantwich and Audlem. 
The chapel consists of a single room with a small porch. It is heated by a wood burning stove in the centre of the side wall of the chapel.
The chapel contains a memorial to Thomas and Emma Austin. Follow the link to see Emma’s obituary.
The chapel is still used for Sunday afternoon services (January 2014).

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone