The Return to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship for Latchford Primitive Methodist chapel was completed by the minister, George Herod, of Wilderspool Road, Latchford.
The return records the chapel as built in 1826 and used exclusively as a chapel. Average evening attendance was 200 worshippers with a morning congregation of 140 and Sunday school of 100 children. The chapel was sizeable, accommodating 269 with standing room for a further 100.
The 1851 Ordnance Survey map shows the chapel with graveyard in front on Old Road, approximately where Warrington Kink-Boxing Studio is in 2018 Street View. The chapel (no graveyard) is still there in the 1875-1888 series, but is not labelled; in fact, a building with the same footprint is still on the site on all subsequent OS maps and on Street View in 2018. It is the home of PSP Plumbing & Heating. Is that the former chapel?
In 1870 the society transferred to Zion chapel in Legh Street which was closed in 1954.