Manley Primitive Methodist chapel in the Chester circuit was opened on October 2nd 1859. The new chapel was designed in the Gothic style, seated 130 and cost £180 of which they expected to raise half. J Wright of Alvenley Hall gave the land. The opening preacher was Rev J Eastwood.
George Stacey tells us about it in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
On the 1:2,500 Ordnance Survey map of 1873 a Primitive Methodist chapel is marked at the junction of Moss Lane with Tarvin Road. By 1970 it is marked as “Methodist chapel” (not church!). On Street View by 2009 it has been converted into a house.
Thanks to Chris Wells for the picture. Manley Primitive Methodist chapel. Chris reports that the gable stone is illegible apart from the date: 1859. The chapel lies where Station Road becomes Tarvin Road, opposite the junction with Moss Lane; it is clearly visible on Google Satellite View. It was in Chester First Circuit in 1882.
Primitive Methodist magazine December 1859 pages 741-742