Manley Primitive Methodist chapel
Tarvin Road, Manley, WA6 9EL
Manley Primitive Methodist chapel in the Chester circuit was opened on October 2nd 1859. The new chapel was designed in the Gothic style, seated 130 and cost £180 of which they expected to raise half. J Wright of Alvenley Hall gave the land. The opening preacher was Rev J Eastwood.
George Stacey tells us about it in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
On the 1:2,500 Ordnance Survey map of 1873 a Primitive Methodist chapel is marked at the junction of Moss Lane with Tarvin Road. By 1970 it is marked as “Methodist chapel” (not church!). On Street View by 2009 it has been converted into a house.
Primitive Methodist magazine December 1859 pages 741-742