Partington Primitive Methodist chapel
Partington Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on Sunday 1st November 1829. Opening services were taken by Brothers J Garner and J Verity.
Primitive Methodists first came to Partington in 1824 but couldn’t raise a chapel; eventually they obtained a plot of land.
The new chapel measured 21′(w) x 30′(l) x 16′(h).
The opening was described by W Taylor in the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1830.
The return from the chapel to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship, completed by the chapel steward, Joseph Burgess, reported attendance of 30 at the morning service and 50 at the afternoon one.
The 1874 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel west of Partington station. What happened to it?
Primitive Methodist magazine of 1830 page 141