Willaston Primitive Methodist Chapel, Nantwich
The Chapel used to stand in Wistaston Road almost opposite Coppice Road
Willaston Primitive Methodist Chapel was probably built in 1875 and was used for worship until 1962 when it closed. The Society then moved to join with the Society at St. Stephen’s Methodist Church in Gainsborough Road Crewe. The Chapel had seating for 230 persons. The Chapel was demolished in 1963, to be replaced at some time with a number of modern houses.
Photo No. 3 taken July 2017
Compare the same street scene in photos 2 & 3. What a difference!!!!
Photo No.4 Ladies group outside the Chapel Sunday School in the 1950’s.
Photo No.5 Sunday School group also in the 1950’s
OS Map Ref:118:SJ680525