Knutsford Road Primitive Methodist chapel was located on the north side of Knutsford road halfway between St Mary’s Street and Miller Street on the south side. It was set back from the road, behind the row of terraced housing. The site was obtained in 1879.
The society used the chapel until 1927. The 1927/8 Ordnance Survey map has it still marked as Primitive Methodist
It because Elim Pentecostal church before being demolished. On the 1937 map it is marked simply as ‘hall’ and by 1963 it has disappeared, although the terraced houses remain. The area has been comprehensively redeveloped since.