The Return from the Primitive Methodist society at Willey Moor to the 1851 census of Places of Public Religious Worship, completed by local preacher John Baker, reports that Willey Moor Primitive Methodist chapel was built around 1837. Attendance on Census Sunday was was 32 in the afternoon and 37 in the evening. The chapel held around 100 people.
The 1897 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on the eastern side of Willey Moor Lane, just north of Pearly Farm. There is a cottage on the site in 2020 which could well be the original building.