Wettenhall PM Church, Cheshire.

Wettenhall PM Church, Cheshire.
Wettenhall PM Church, Cheshire.
Wettenhall ex-PM Chapel in July 2012
Wettenhall ex-PM Chapel in July 2012

This is likely to be Wettenhall PM Church built in 1861. It closed in the 1950s when it joined with another Methodist church in Wettenhall.

Comments about this page

  • Wettenhall.  In this neighbourhood we have long had a cause, and carried on our worship in a small cottage.  There were frequent complaints for want of room; and an opportunity presenting itself, our Wettenhall friends procured a piece of freehold land on which they have erected a small neat chapel.  It has four windows, and a number of elevated pews.  And it is settled on the Connexion.  The title deeds cost three pounds.  

    This chapel was opened on Sunday, July 11, 1841, by one of our local preachers; and on Sunday, July 18, by Mr. Austin, from Leek, our present superintendent preacher.  Total cost of this chapel about one hundred and ten pounds.  Debt now remaining, sixty pounds.  The chapel is likely to do well, and to be a blessing to the society and the neighbourhood.”

    Transcribed from the Primitive Methodist magazine July 1842 page 258 by David Tonks

    By Christopher Hill (21/09/2017)
  • The black and white photo is definitely Wettenhall PM Chapel. It has been converted into a domestic dwelling called Chantry House.

    By Elaine and Richard Pearce (26/07/2012)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone