Cross Coombe Primitive Methodist chapel in St Agnes parish was erected in 1836. The return to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship, completed by local preacher John Osborne, reports that it could hold 210 worshippers, mainly in free seats.
On Census Sunday 50 attended a morning service with 7 scholars in the morning Sunday school; 170 with 30 scholars attended the evening service..
1880 and 1907 Ordnance Survey maps show the Primitive Methodist chapel with an added Sunday school on the later map at the head of Cross Coombe. By the 1973 map it has been replaced by Perranporth airfield.